Friday, March 30, 2012

Passover is April 6th - Donate to International Fellowship of Christians and Jews


This message comes from Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, president of International Fellowship of Christians and Jews.  www.ifcj.org.  Passover is quickly arriving.  They need donations to provide 40,000 Passover Food Boxes to impoverished Jews in Russia and Israel.  Please read this Message from Rabbi Eckstein, then visit their website to see how you may be a blessing to impoverished Jews this Passover.

Thomas Cain

It is especially heartbreaking that so many Holocaust survivors are unable to afford basic foods, much less the special items like matzah needed to observe the holy Passover Seder with dignity.
My friend, I am asking you to join our Fill the Pantry Passover food campaign and help The Fellowship deliver 40,000 Passover Food Boxes both in Israel and the former Soviet Union.

With Passover now only days away, I urge you to please make your gift today on behalf of thousands of needy Holocaust survivors like Alexander.  Alexander is an 86-year-old widower who witnessed the murder of his entire family and endured four horrific years in a Nazi work camp. Yet today, Alexander lives all alone in heartbreaking poverty.

When Yael, my daughter, arrived at his tiny apartment to deliver one of our Passover Food Boxes, Alexander broke into tears. “This food package reminds me that I’m not alone, and will truly help me be joyous when I look at the beautiful meal on my table that The Fellowship provided,” he said.  Thank you for caring about me in my old age. And thank God that there are people and places like The Fellowship. You’re the only ones that care about me anymore.

By making a gift to our Fill the Pantry Passover food campaign, you can help bring comfort to destitute Holocaust survivors like Alexander.

These dear people have nowhere else to turn to for help, other than to you and me. Please be as generous as you can and thank you for caring.

With prayers for shalom, peace,

Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein
President
   
PS
Many Holocaust survivors who need our help live in hard-to-reach villages, so please donate today and we will make certain their Passover Food Box reaches them in time to observe the Seder at sundown on April 6th.