Thursday, January 17, 2008

Alternative Health Care

Written by Johnny Israel

For some years a now a blood clot (thrombophlebitis) coagulated in my left leg, between the knee and ankle. The heart pumps blood through the arteries to the skin and tissues throughout the body. Deep vein thrombosis (throm-BO-sis), or DVT, is a blood clot that forms in a vein deep in the body. Blood clots occur when blood thickens and clumps together.

Most deep vein blood clots occur in the lower leg or thigh. They also can occur in other parts of the body. A blood clot in a deep vein can break off and travel through the bloodstream. The loose clot is called an embolus. When the clot travels to the lungs and blocks blood flow, the condition is called pulmonary embolism (PULL-mun-ary EM-bo-lizm), or PE.

A few months ago, I came across “Your Health Today” a weekly cable television health show hosted by Doctor Richard Becker and his lovely wife, Cindy. (Doctor Becker’s website is http://www.bioinnovations.net.) As it happen a viewer called in to get advice from Doctor Becker on thrombophlebitis. Doctor Becker counseled the caller to immediately take Omega 3 oil, along with other supplements. As I listened to the doctor’s wisdom, I decided to follow the same advice.

After two weeks of taking Omega 3 in the form of fish oil, the swelling and pain in my leg abated. At one point the pain associated with the swelling and lack of blood flow in my leg was so horrendous that a local doctor recommended immediate surgery. That was on the same day I had to good fortune to come across “Your Health For Today”.

Since then, I have religiously taken a good multivitamin, along with supplements of A, B12, C, D, E, Oregano Oil, Garlic, Zinc, Magnesium, Folic Acid, Milk Thistle, Ginkgo Biloba, and a few other minerals, and nutrients. I also bought a professional juicer. I daily juice vegetable juice and or fruit juice. Then, I made a change in my diet. Refined sugar, bread, and dairy products, are no longer part of my daily staple. My current diet consist of 60%Vegetables and fruit. This has made a wonderful difference in my body. My energy level is returning to that my youth; my mind is clear and strong, as well as, I am losing weight.

I am a firm believer in the health benefits of vitamins and nutrients. Contrary to the pharmaceutical companies’ persuasion that vitamins do little in the way of promoting good health, more and more medical doctors are advising patients of their health benefits.

It seems clear that pharmaceutical drugs do more harm than good. The dangerous risk factors of death are a proven fact. Just listen to any television drug commercial. The side effects are endless. Common sense tells us that vitamins and health supplements promote the same medical benefits as pharmaceutical drugs, without the dangerous side effects, Then why not choose alternative health care over drugs?