Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Psalms 32:8

Written by: Johnny Israel

"I will instruct you and guide you in the way you should go, I will counsel you with my eye." Psalms 32:8

All through the Bible, God promise the believer that He not only will watch after them, He will personally guide them and instruct the believer in the ways of his life. So often, we have drifted along trying to figure out what we should be doing with our life; and how accomplish it. Yet, God specifically says He will personally guide us, not only that, but instruct us along the way. So then why are we worried about our jobs, vocation, or goals? Is it because we willfully ignore the Holy Spirit's direction by attempting to work things out within ourselves? Personally, there are times when I have not listen to the Spirit's prompting, and traveled off in my own direction. The end result was distresses. Was it God that failed me? Or was it me failing to trust Him to guide and instruct me? Of course it was not God failing me. Would I have listened to the Holy Spirit my choices would have turned out differently. Don't we really make His promises out to be difficult by not trusting him, even when we believe our way is the best way? The Bible says, "As many as led of the Spirit are called the sons of God." The key to personal success, whether financial, marital, or social, is following the leading of the Holy Spirit. Remember, it is His responsibility to speak to us, it is our responsibility to follow his direction. Once we apply the two, we have guaranteed success. In the Book of Numbers 23:19 it says, "God is not a man that He should lie, nor the Son of Man that He should repent. Has he said, shall he not do it, has He spoken, will He not make it good." There are times we literally must take our hands off what we believe to be best for us, and allow Him to instruct us in the matter. The Bible says, "Call unto me, and I will answer you..." Jeremiah 33:3. All through the old and new testament, God offers his services to guide us in every aspect of our lives. Isn't it about time we allowed Him to be the Lord in all of our decisions?